Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Summer Reading Week 2: Pirate Lesson for Children Ages 3-Entering Grade 2



Theme: Pirates
Song: Review Slippery Fish (see week 1)
Book: Pirate Pete's Talk Like a Pirate by Kim Kennedy
Song: I'm a Pirate
"I'm a pirate, yes I be (point to self).
I sail my ship across the sea ("steer" a wheel).
I stay up late, 'til half past three (point to invisible wrist watch),
And that's a peg below me knee (wiggle leg)
Arrh!" Repeat!
Book: How I Became a Pirate by Melinda Long
Craft: Decorate treasure chests with jewels, stickers, and metallic markers (purchased from Oriental Trading)
Activity: Hunt for gold in our sandbox! Build sandcastles and visit the library to check out books!

See you next week for our Beach Bash! Children should come dressed to get wet and make sand art!